Become a Choice Team Member
View all of our current career openings and apply to join the Choice team today!
Choice Spine is a privately-held company based in Knoxville, TN, and a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of specialized spinal implants, instrumentation, and biologics for the surgical treatment of complex spinal disorders. Choice Spine has been named a Top Knoxville Workplace for two consecutive years. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits (including company-paid Life/STD/LTD), 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, and an excellent work environment.
As a member of the accounting team, the Staff Accountant will assist with the monthly and annual financial closes, prepare associated general journal entries, perform monthly closing duties as assigned, and assist in preparing financial statements and reports. The Staff Accountant will also assist in the commission’s process, including updating rates, reconciling reports, and managing cash outlays. This individual should have a desire to learn and the ability to meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate various monthly accruals and adjustments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual general journal entries and enter upon approval.
- Manage fixed assets (BNA software), including additions/disposals/depreciation
- Manage accounts receivable overdue schedule
- Work with department heads to maintain budget to actual analysis.
- Prepare monthly work papers and reconciliations for the purpose of confirming balances with appropriate staff. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Manage commissions process from updating tables with new rates to payment each month.
- Assist with annual external audit
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, self-motivator, ability to multi-task and meet timelines
- Working knowledge of desktop computer office software and e-mail is required
- Understand calibration fundamentals
- Experience using inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, plug and ring thread gauges, and pin gauges. Optical comparator and Vision system experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Medical Device Regulations / Certifications such as 21CFR820 & ISO13485:2016
- Medical Device experience is required
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills- Excel and Word.
- SAP and/or BNA experience preferred.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, related field, or equivalent hours.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The working environment is typical of an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.